Sunday, November 1, 2015

Nike+ VS Runtastic App

Running apps are really useful in the sport of running.  They could track your pace, distance, route and even your progress.  But which running app is the best? Even I don't have the answer.  All I know is, I am very satisfied with the ones I use.

I don't only use one, but two running apps.  The first one I discovered is Runtastic.  It also shows the pace, distance, route, weather, etc.  It shows everything relevant for running.  Your speed is even represented by different colors.  The feature I like the most in Runtastic is the voice feedback. It alerts you every after kilometer completed during a run.  You also have the option to track either the calories burned or the time.

Record per run, more detailed and specific

Record of all your activities

Home

The free version of the app only allows the voice feedback to alert you after the first kilometer.  It also just shows you the time, pace and distance after a run.  I wanted more features so I purchased the full app for 2.99 dollars, but I found out that there's not much difference between the free version and the full version.  The features that were added that I found useful was the automatic pause and the voice feedback for every kilometer.  The rest, I could not understand anymore.  Also, all the Training programs in this app can only be downloaded for a fee of 21 dollars per program!!!

A friend of mine who is a seasoned runner referred the Nike+ Runner app that you can download for free.  When I tried this app, I discovered that it has all the features of the Runtastic full app (the one that cost me 2.99 dollars). Bummer.  I should have downloaded this app instead of paying for Runtastic.  Its also much easier to use.    

Home

Record of all your activities

Summary of all your activities and how your total distance compares to your friends - cool feature :)

Specific record per run

I use two running apps simply because I cannot drop the record of my activities in Runtastic since I have been using it longer than Nike+. Had I started with Nike+, I wouldn't go with any other app anymore. 

Recommendation:

Go for the Nike+ Runner. You will get everything you need for FREE!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip! Might try the Nike app to record my runs by January para nice start to the year :)

    ReplyDelete