Sunday, November 8, 2015

New Balance Power Run 2015

New category, new trail and a whole new level of confidence!

I ran my first 10-kilometer race last November 8, 2015 at Vista City, Daang Hari and I must say, I did pretty well than I expected.  My target time was 1 hour and 30 minutes with an average pace of 10 min/km, but I finished the race at 1 hour and 20 minutes with an average pace of 8.37min/km!  I did slightly better than my average pace in the last marathon I ran and that even had a shorter distance.  This just means my performance is improving and it motivates me to do even better! I also did not have a hard time during the race, in fact, surprisingly, I ran in most parts of the race.  My friends scared me about the 10K category saying it was really difficult.  Because of this, I really trained hard for it. The only complaint I have is that I felt really hungry after the 7th kilometer.

Below are some of my comments on the race:

Vista City, Daang Hari
Positive:
Wide and clean road
There were trees and plants around
Good view

Negative:
Dead cat
Dead dog
Smoke from siga

New Balance Singlet
Positive:
Cool design
Very comfortable material
A lot of available sizes

Negative:
I would prefer a sleeveless singlet

Route
Positive:
I liked that there were a few uphill and downhill parts.

Negative:
None!

Race
Positive:
Well-organized
Water and Gatorade were available
Registration was convenient
Fee was acceptable (P750 for 10k)
Freebies were okay (wristband and headband from New Balance)

Negative:
None!

Start

Finish line

Companion:
The best!


Thank you to my reliable running buddy who never wants to leave me behind during a race even though he is way faster than me.  There is never a race I have been to without him.

Overall, I enjoyed the race except for the stinky dead dog.  They should have disposed of the body instead of just throwing it on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment