Saturday, November 7, 2015

Preparing for my first 10k!

This Sunday, November 8, 2015, I will be joining the New Balance Power Run 2015 race in the 10k category.

Its going to be my very first 10k race!!!

I am both excited and nervous at the same time.  You don't know if you're going to get injured or dizzy in race.  I am prone to getting dizzy after a race actually.  To train for the race, I have been doing at least 8 kilometers a week; 5k twice a week and one 3k on a weekend.  I'm just hoping that's enough for me to survive my first 10k.

I have been running in Filinvest City.  The road is flat and made of concrete with no cars passing by.  If you want a little elevation, you can make a turn towards the Palms Country Club.  Its good to run there because the environment feels safe and there are a lot of trees for some shade and fresh air. A lot of seasoned runners and beginners run at Filinvest City.



During one of my training sessions, I bumped into some friends who motivated me to run my first 10k.  The first one is Ms. Ruth Floresca, she is a lifestyle blogger(mommywrites.blogspot.com). I met her through work and since then have developed a friendship. She actually inspired me to join the 10k category. She has been joining marathons under the 10k category and told me that I can do it too, and even blog about it! Hence, the birth of this blog.

(Photo c/o Ms. Ruth)

The second one is Ms. Mae Sarcia, who used to be a client of mine in my former job. Ms. Mae is a teacher in one of the private schools inside Ayala Alabang. She is bubbly, cheerful and apparently, has an active lifestyle. She's already joined a full marathon(42K) and several other special marathons like the one in Caliraya and Sagada. I was amazed. Ms. Mae told me things I didn't know yet about running like proper breathing and foot assessment. Apparently, I need to get my feet assessed first! She also told me that the 10k category would be very easy for me and I believed her. That sealed the deal. I'm ready for my first 10k race!







1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks, Kunie! So honored to be mentioned in your blog :) Keep running! I think you'll do a 21k much earlier than I could :)

    ReplyDelete