Thursday, October 29, 2015

Little Tycoon Playhouse in Westgate

After resigning from my 6-day, 9-to-forever job, I have been trying to make up for lost time with the little kids. The first thing I wanted to do was take them to places I was not able to take them when I was busy, like playhouses and parks.  I was just relying on kwento and pictures from the yaya.

One sunny afternoon, I decided to take the kids to this new playhouse on Westgate called Little Tycoon Playhouse.  It was located in the second floor of Westgate's new building and was not very hard to find.

My first concern was the rate because I would be paying for two kids plus two yayas.  When I learned that it was only P200/hour plus one companion can go in for free, we gave it a go.

The playhouse was designed to mirror a little town.  It had a police station, grocery store, salon, restaurant, french cafe, office, japanese restaurant, karaoke bar and a hospital all built for small kids.






I wasn't very impressed with this playhouse because there were only a few variety of toys.  There were small buildings and plastic toys but there's not much that would encourage physical activity for my toddler. I don't think it offered a lot for him.  Maybe it would appeal to bigger kids, 6 years old and above, where they could play pretend. The props were pretty cool.  I enjoyed taking photos of the kids in the mini-japanese restaurant.

My second concern was the safety of kids.  My son immediately rode the toy car inside the playhouse and got disappointed that it was not working.  He insisted on riding the car, so I asked the attendant why it was not working.  She said it was still charging.  When I checked the car, the car seat was lose and there were wires underneath that was plugged in.  That immediately got me worried because that's very dangerous for kids.  It could get them electricuted.  They should not be charging it inside the playhouse while kids are there.



Another thing was, the fire extinguishers were also inside the playhouse within reach of the kids.  There was one beside the hospital and one beside the telephone booth that the kids could easily reach.  That's a big no-no for me because the kids could play with it.

I think the kids didn't have fun as much as they could have.  I'll probably not take my son there again anytime soon. I would rather go to Fun Ranch where he could play and have lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment