Monday, October 26, 2015

About the Mom

First and foremost, before I start this journey, let me write about where I will be coming from.  Just recently, I resigned from work as a Marketing Manager of the biggest surplus depot in the country.  I did this to start my own business and most importantly, to have more time for my two year old son.  It was a difficult choice to make, to leave the career I have built successfully and have worked hard for. But we have to stick to our priorities and make a choice, and in my case, my priority is my son.

Liam is now two years and 4 months old and have just started going to school.  Raising a toddler as a first time mom is very challenging.  There are a lot of things we both need to learn in this stage.  I will be writing more about our adventures together in this blog to document our progress.



Aside from choosing to be a mom, I quit my job to pursue my passion for children.  I have always wanted to work with kids my entire life and at the same time, it was also part of my life plan to put up my own business.  So last August, I was able to fulfill both by opening my own Preschool.  Starting your own business is not as easy as I thought it was. I will also be sharing the challenges I face as a mompreneur in this blog.



Lastly, since I have time to do the things I enjoy, I can devote time to my newest hobby, running.  I always like challenging myself and going beyond my limits and running has given me the opportunity to do just that.  I am a beginner in this sport so I'm very excited to write about my progress in this new found love of mine.  I cannot wait to run my first 10k this year.  Then hopefully, by next year, I get to try doing a 21k.


No comments:

Post a Comment