Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Gatorade Run 1122

My partner and I were very excited to join the very first Gatorade Run here in the country.  Gatorade has been very active in participating in most marathons as a sponsor and them organizing their own race is not only very exciting but is also long overdue.  Let me share my experience in this race.

Date: November 22, 2015
Where: MOA Grounds, Pasay City
Organizer: Runrio

Registration
Registration fee for 11k: P1,100
I had great difficulty in registering my boyfriend and I for this race because of the complex you need to go through.  First, you have to buy a prepaid card in selected branches of Adidas and then you will have to use that to register online.  After you have registered online, you would have to wait for the availability of the singlets and then go back again to your chosen Adidas branch.  Unfortunately, only selected branches are pick-up points and none of them are in the South of the Metro.  This was such a hassle for me as I would have to tread the traffic and travel far for the singlet.  Upon reading the forums on Facebook about the race, they mentioned that people can still register in the chosen Adidas branches even after the registration period ended.  So Dave and I went the Fort to register but to our dismay, they said we can no longer register.  We were so disheartened.  And then there was an announcement that people can register on the day. Woohoo! We were able to race!

Singlet
The singlet was AWESOME! It was a neon orange racer back (sleeveless shirt for men) with cool, minimal design.  The material used was exceptional, I really liked it.  Good thing Gatorade partnered with Adidas.  My only regret was, since we were late to register, I got the Large size which was really big for me.




Race
It was on familiar grounds for me, stretching all the way to Roxas and back to MOA.  I really enjoyed this race even though they had 8,000 participants because the people who participated were all enthusiastic and seemed like they were having fun.  There was even one guy who came all the way from Bulacan and accidentally left his race bib at home but still participated in the race.  There were stations almost after every kilometer with more Gatorade stations than water stations.  Marshals were complete, directional signages were there as well as ambulance and medical stations.



Finisher's Shirt
Right after I finished the race, I claimed my finisher's shirt immediately.  I wouldn't want to get the wrong size again, so at least my finisher shirt had to be right.  It was just as cool as the singlet!  I think its from their climacool line.



After Event
The set-up of the event after the race was a bit more lively than most races because of the inflatables and all.  They also had a lot of different booths, some of them were very interesting and new to me.

Recovery booth

Personalize your shirt

Hydration consultation

Trivia station


Congratulations Gatorade and Adidas for a successful event! We would definitely join again next year!

16 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to join a race such as this one! It's actually on my bucket list to join a marathon haha don't know if it'll be just wishful thinking though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun and at the same time tiring xx. I never had the chance to join a fun run bcos I was too lazy to woke up my butt up early haha but I do exercise (excuses!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. Honestly, I've never been to fun runs before..I just prefer to stay at home and do yoga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never joined a race yet so reading about it here is so refreshing. The singlet and the finishing shirts are so nice indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to join a race. :) the after race programs here are so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to join a race with my friends. This will add on my list for my next year goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the orange singlet Sis! I always like running but I can only go as far as 5K. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay lang yan sis! run lang ng run for good health =)

      Delete
  8. I used to join in funruns few years back. I love running din kasi. I stopped when I got pregnant until now. Haven't returned to running because I haven't seen my OB for 10 mos after I gave birth heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love this, I still remember my high school days and college I always love running kasi athlete ako hehe, Noong di pa kasal ng husband ko tumatakbo din kami sa U.P and circle once a week for our exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You've finished the run. 11K is a long distance for me so two thumbs up for you :) .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so happy to finally earn a finisher shirt of my own, too :) Sayang, we didn't see the personalize your shirt booth!

    ReplyDelete