Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sofitel Manila Half Marathon 2015

This is the very first marathon I joined and its the marathon that got me started running.  A friend of mine signed me up for the 5k one week before the race and that was the only time I had to train.  I would jog for at least 10 minutes a day and that was it.  The only preparation I did well was carb-loading.  =)

Registration was pretty convenient and I was able to get all the information I needed at takbo.ph before the race.

My friends and I arrived a few minutes late for the race.  I missed my very first gun start which would have been memorable.  Nonetheless, I am still very happy and excited to run this race with my friends.




There were a lot of runners that day! Roughly, 5000 runners participated, both pros and amateurs.  As a first timer, I really enjoyed this race, seeing other people both young and old enjoying the challenge.



I ran in the first 2 kilometers but slowed down and walked for the third and forth kilometer.  But for the last kilometer, I tried my best to finish the race running. And I did. With struggle. Great struggle.

I was full of emotions after the race and of course was very happy! I think that's what they call the runner's high.




I finished my first ever race in 52 mins!







No comments:

Post a Comment